- Location: Ride Headquarters in Sherborn, MA
- Ride Type: Road paved
- Time & Date: March 24, rollout at 11am
- Distance: Varying distances & routes
- Price: Free
PLEASE RSVP so we know to expect you!
Description: The Burning Snowflake series of road rides get you riding nice roads with others at a time of year when you might not otherwise be on the bike. The routes include all paved roads and as many back-roads and quiet areas as possible. Routes will vary and there will be different paces offered.
One of the special features of the Burning Snowflake Series is food! We serve fresh food prior to the ride and again after the ride returns. Please let us know in an RSVP if you have dietary restrictions prior to 5pm on Friday.
Saturday, March 24. Route is 46 miles south. This is a great route with many good stretches of road without too many turns. There are potholes and some rough pavement, but also some silky smooth new pavement to enjoy. This is an improved version of the route as it now avoids Franklin Center.
- 17-18mph average pace
- 16mph average pace
Not happening March 24 is the Burning Snowflake mixed terrain ride due to snowy and unrideable trails.
Saturday, March 24 - Rollout is at 11am. Show up between 10am and 10:45am for pre-ride food!
Ride Notes: We have a designated Ride Headquarters ride leaders leading the ride, pointing out turns, keeping the pace to what's advertised. There is a food stop at a grocery store at mile 30 for water refills and snacks, bathroom stop if needed by anyone.
Last Minute Information: Watch our Twitter feed for last-minute updates, weather cancellations or other changes.
Estimated time: 2.5-3 hours, note there is one stop to refill water bottles and grab food if necessary at mile 30.
Contact Information: Email - email@example.com, Phone - 508-975-4678
Riding Rules, What to Bring, How Our Rides are Different: All riders are required to read and are expected to abide by These Rules.
Waiver: Ride Headquarters requires a signed waiver before your first ride. Please fill it out online prior to your first ride.
Proper Bike for this ride:
- Road conditions the day of the ride will dictate. 25c-32c slick tires likely appropriate.
- Clipless pedals and shoes. These are important elements of bike control when riding with a group.
- A bike that’s in safe working order. We don’t stop for preventable mechanical issues.
- If it's wet on the road or raining, please put a rear fender on your bike to keep the person behind you happy.
- Wondering if we're riding? Check out our Twitter feed, shown in the right-hand column on our home page, for the very latest news.
- Icy conditions: We ride. For this you have to have studded tires in order to ride with us.
- Cold: It doesn’t matter what the temperature is, we ride.
If you'd like us to do any work on your bike prior to the ride, please email us the day before so we're ready to do the work as soon as you come in; we want you to be ready to roll before the ride starts.