- Location: Ride Headquarters in Sherborn, MA
- Ride Type: Road paved
- Time & Date: January 27, February 10, February 24, March 24 - varying roll-out times
- Distance: Varying distances & routes
- Price: Free
PLEASE RSVP so we know to expect you!
Description: The Burning Snowflake series of road rides get you riding nice roads with others at a time of year when you might not otherwise be on the bike. The routes include all paved roads and as many back-roads and quiet areas as possible. Routes will vary and there will be different paces offered.
One of the special features of the Burning Snowflake Series is food! We serve hot food prior to the ride and again after the ride returns. Each ride we have something a little different. We accommodate dietary restrictions.
Note route distance options, pace information and further details will be posted soon for each of the rides in the series.
Saturday, February 24. Route is 43 miles south. This is a great route with many good stretches of road without too many turns. There are potholes and some rough pavement, but also some silky smooth new pavement to enjoy.
- 17-18mph average pace
- 16mph average pace
Not happening February 24 is the Burning Snowflake mixed terrain ride due to soft and wet trails.
Saturday, February 24 - Rolllout for the first, fastest group is at 11:45am. The second group rolls out at 12pm. Show up between 11am and 11:45am for pre-ride food!
Saturday, March 10 - Mixed Terrain ride option (only) today.
Saturday, March 24 - Rollout is at 10:45am. Show up between 10am and 10:45am for pre-ride food!
Also offered Saturday, March 24: the Burning Snowflake mixed terrain ride
Route: The route is available to attendees the morning of the ride at Ride Headquarters.
Ride Notes: We have a designated Ride Headquarters ride leader leading the ride and pointing out turns.
Last Minute Information: Watch our Twitter feed for last-minute updates, weather cancellations or other changes.
Estimated time: 2-4 hours typically, varies depending on route length, amount of trails versus roads, weather and trail conditions.
Contact Information: Email - email@example.com, Phone - 508-975-4678
Riding Rules, What to Bring, How Our Rides are Different: All riders are required to read and are expected to abide by These Rules.
Waiver: Ride Headquarters requires a signed waiver before your first ride. Please fill it out online prior to your first ride.
Proper Bike for this ride:
- Road conditions the day of the ride will dictate. 25c-32c slick tires likely appropriate.
- Clipless pedals and shoes. These are important elements of bike control when riding with a group.
- A bike that’s in safe working order. We don’t stop for preventable mechanical issues.
- If it's wet on the road or raining, please put a rear fender on your bike to keep the person behind you happy.
- Wondering if we're riding? Check out our Twitter feed, shown in the right-hand column on our home page, for the very latest news.
- Icy conditions: We ride. For this you have to have studded tires in order to ride with us.
- Cold: It doesn’t matter what the temperature is, we ride.
If you'd like us to do any work on your bike prior to the ride, please email us the day before so we're ready to do the work as soon as you come in; we want you to be ready to roll before the ride starts.