- Location: Ride Headquarters in Sherborn, MA
- Ride Type: Mixed Terrain Ride
- Date & Time: Saturday, 29 April 2017. First groups roll out around 8:30 am
- Distance: 23 miles and 45 miles
- Price: $25. 100% of entry fee goes to cycling conservation groups
This is an Overland Base Camp event. Ride Headquarters is the host.
Visit the Overland Base Camp Digression Ride page for complete details.
Description: Overland Base Camp's most primordial ride -- because of the hidden paths, abandoned routes, and primitive trails.
Routes: Two Options
- About 23 miles of pavement, gravel, dirt, and rocks. About half of the ride is unpaved. Some singletrack, too. We expect the ride to take between 2.5 to 4 hours. See the "Pacing Description" table on the OBC site for details.
- About 45 miles of the same terrain as the longer ride. We expect this ride to take between 3.5 to 6 hours. See the "Pacing Description" table on the OBC for details.
Ride Notes: We have a designated Ride Headquarters Super Domestique leading the ride and pointing out turns. We don’t have a sweep rider for this ride so only participate if you’re confident in your skill level and fitness – or know your way back.
Estimated time: See route details above.
Last Minute Information: Watch Overland Base Camp's Twitter feed for last-minute updates, weather cancellations or other changes.
Overland Base Camp Contact Information: Email OBC or call: (617) 991-0640.
Riding Rules, What to Bring, How Our Rides are Different: All riders are required to read and are expected to abide by These Rules.
Waiver: RHQ requires a signed waiver before your first ride. Please fill it out online prior to your first ride.
Proper Bike for This Ride:
- 32c knobby tires, minimum size. If you don’t have 32c or wider, you’ll be riding alone after you get a flat.
- Clipless pedals: This ride isn't for everyone; we ride at a fair pace and aren't stopping a lot.
- Spare tube or two – with all the tools required to fix a flat – or two.
- Basic tool kit: Self sufficiency is the phrase of the day. The group will wait for you if you have a mechanical – in fact we’ll even help – but you don’t want people waiting trail-side too long on a chilly morning.
- We do not recommend fenders since sticks and twigs can get caught in them.