- Location: Lexington & Sherborn, MA
- Ride Type: Dirt roads, pavement, and mixed terrain
- Date & Time: Saturday 14 October 2017
- Distance: ~160 miles road, ~100 miles road, ~120 miles dirt options
- Price: $100 before August 31. $145 from September 1 - October 13.
Description: The Formidable is the toughest road ride in Massachusetts.
Route: The routes will be provided by OBC just before the ride to registered riders.
Ride Notes: We'll update this when the ride date draws nearer.
Estimated time: Allow the full day for this great ride.
Last Minute Information: Watch Overland Base Camp's Twitter feed for last-minute updates, weather cancellations or other changes.
Overland Base Camp Contact Information: Email OBC or call: (617) 991-0640.
Proper Bike for This Ride:
- If you're doing the Formidable Terra: A bike with knobby tires 32c or wider. 40c is ideal.
- If you're doing the Formidable Pave: A bike with 23c-28c slick tires.
For either ride option:
- Clipless pedals: This ride isn't for everyone; we ride at a fair pace and aren't stopping a lot.
- Spare tube or two – with all the tools required to fix a flat – or two.
- Basic tool kit: Self-sufficiency is the phrase of the day.
- Fenders may be appropriate, depending on the weather.