This spring, spend seven uninterrupted days with your cycling friends in picturesque Italy
- Location: Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Ride Type: Spring Cycling, Road Ride, Event Ride, Bike Tour
- Date & Time: Saturday, 28 April 2018 - Saturday, 5 May 2018
- Distance: Ride every day average 60 miles, many options, 4,000+ ft. of climbing
- Price: $1,700
About the Trip:
We have partnered with Italian tour company, Tourissimo, to bring you this phenomenal week of riding in a particularly beautiful region in Italy. This trip is all about spring riding and maximizing your riding time and after-ride relaxing time. The weather in late April/early May is beautiful on the Adriatic Coast with average temperatures in the low 60's, giving you the opportunity to get some early season miles in your legs with no distractions. We stay in one hotel so you only have to unpack once.
The Emilia-Romagna Tourism Board and the Hotel Europa Monetti are offering extremely competitive pricing to gain favor with cyclists over other popular spring riding and training destinations. This is an awesome opportunity for all of us! Almost all other week-long cycling vacations run by tour companies in Italy have a significantly higher price tag. This tour is in no way discounting the service or what you get; the Europa Monetti is a 4-star luxury hotel that caters to cyclists. Guests/riders come first to this hotel and warm hospitality is their top priority.
There will be two options for ride routes each day, one long and the other shorter, both are guided by Italian cyclists. Our proximity to the Apennine mountain range also offers us some great climbing. If the weather is poor, the hotel offers access to a training facility with trainers.
This trip allows the opportunity to cycle in an Italian region renowned for its history, art, traditions, food and wine, and beautiful landscapes between the Adriatic Sea and the Apennine Mountains. We will ride ancient routes between fortresses, castles, and abbeys leading through valleys, open plains, and ancient forests. And, of course, at the end of the rides we get to enjoy the magnificent Adriatic coastline and the lively Italian atmosphere. Joining us on this cycling vacation is a unique chance to improve your cycling skills and fitness and to discover the traditions of this underrated region which is a true cyclist’s paradise.
Look at all of what is included in the price! This is SIGNIFICANTLY more than what most trips offer:
- Seven nights accommodation 4-star hotel
- Welcome drink and session to introduce the program, staff and facilities
- Super buffet breakfast
- Lunches (light pasta buffet)
- Dinners at BiancoSale hotel restaurant
- Soft drinks and local wines with meals
- Daily guided rides
- Daily laundry service for cycling kits
- Secure bike room with alarm and video camera
- A unique experience at an agriturismo for wine tasting with local specialties
- Free entry to LifeSpa wellness center
- Outdoor pool with warm water
- Free Wi-Fi
- GPS Route Files
- Airport shuttle to the hotel from the Bologna airport at the beginning of the trip
- Airport shuttle from the hotel to the Bologna airport at the end of the trip
- Rent: Modern road bikes are available for rent at $200 - $250 for the trip
- BYOB: Pack your bike and fly with it. There is a mechanic at the host hotel to help with all bike mechanic needs. No charge for this option.
Routes: 14 different routes between 30 and 90 miles. There will be 2 available guided route distance options each day. We've seen the routes and know many of the towns from our own experiences riding in this region - these are amazing places and awesome roads connecting them all.
Airfare: Airfare is not included in the price of the trip, but prices are looking good right now for tickets.
Non-riding spouse/significant other option: If your spouse or significant other would like to come along and not ride, the hotel offers a shuttle to the fun town of Rimini and there are ample ways of staying occupied during the day should one want to take a day off the bike or simply spend the time here vacationing and not riding. There is a 10% discount on the registration fee for a non-riding spouse.
Trip organizer Contact - email@example.com
Are you interested or would you like more information? Please fill out this form so we can get you more information and update you with the latest information!