Come learn more about the Incredible Spring Cycling Trip in Emilia-Romagna, Italy from the trip designer and co-founder of Tourissimo, Beppe Salerno
Location: Ride Headquarters in Sherborn, MA
- Event Type: Informational / Social Gathering
- Date & Time: Thursday, 1 March 2018 -- 7:00 pm - 8:00pm
- Reason for Gathering: Learn about our trip to Italy and meet other interested riders.
- Price: Free
Beppe Salerno will share his story as a cyclist and why he started Tourissimo to fill a gap he saw in the marketplace as a cyclist and an Italian. This night will help to explain why this trip is different than other cycling vacations and the reasons why it's priced so low. Hint: we're working with the tourism board of Emilia-Romagna.
We'll have some light snacks and beverages to enjoy during the event. We will extend an offer of introductory pricing to all attendees. Beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages will be served.
Topics that will be covered include but are not limited to:
- What a typical day on tour is like
- Amenities, attractions, and cuisine of the Emilia-Romagna region as it relates to cyclists specifically
- Emilia-Romagna's effort to attract cyclists via the cycling branch of it's tourism board
- Hotel Europa Monetti's 4-star accommodations and how they cater specifically to cyclists
- Tourissimo's history as a company dedicated to sharing Italy with cyclists and food lovers
- Details about daily route options - terrain, climbing, distances, pacing, guides
- What to bring/what not to bring
- Renting a bike vs. bringing your own
- Activities for non-riders
- Special admittance to Gran Fondo Saline di Cervia on the day after the trip
- Special surprise announcement of a pro-cyclist to ride with
We'll have time for a Q&A session as well.
Please RSVP below.
Last Minute Information: We will email all attendees with last-minute information if anything changes from what we have published here. Please be sure to RSVP!
Questions? Email Marc at firstname.lastname@example.org