- Location: Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, MA
- Ride Type: Road bikes on Mixed Terrain Dirt Trails
- Date & Time: Saturday, 13 May 2017; departs at 9:30 am
- Distance: ~10 Miles
- Price: Free
Please RSVP. Space is limited.
Details: This is an unusual ride: Riding road bikes in the woods. Why would you do such a thing? Well, lots of reasons. In this case, the idea of this weirdness is to do a fun dirt ride for people that don't have a mixed terrain, 'cross, or mountain bike -- and to see some beauty you won't find on a typical road ride.
We'll be moving at a decent clip on this fun-first ride that takes you and your road bike into the deep woods of Lexington, MA and neighboring hinterlands.
If you're up for learning how to ride 23c tires on technical trails, this might be the ride for you. Be forewarned that this is not a clinic ride; it's a fitness ride. Regardless, you might just learn a trick or two about getting slick tires through slippery slopes and ragged rocks without getting a flat. Then again, maybe not. No promises.
Join us for the fun; stay for the great trail serenity.
You don't have to be on a road bike to join the ride -- all are welcome. However, riding on trails with 23c tires is pretty fun!
Route: The route is available to attendees on the morning of the ride.
Estimated time: ~1.5 hours
Ride Notes: The pace of the ride is steady, labored breathing. We'll probably average about 7 mph; that's a decent clip on the trails.
Last Minute Information: Watch Ride Studio Cafe's Twitter feed for last-minute updates, weather cancellations, or other changes.
Contact Information: Email - email@example.com, Phone - (339) 970-0187
Riding Rules, What to Bring, How Our Rides are Different: All riders are required to read and are expected to abide by These Rules.
Waiver: RSC requires a signed waiver before your first ride. Please fill it out online prior to your first ride.
Proper Bike for this ride:
- 23-28c road slick tires -- because anyone can ride trails on a fat tire
- Clipless pedals. Road or mountain will be fine. It's easier to hike-a-bike in the woods in mountain shoes but road shoes and cleats will be fine if you pay attention.
- Drop handlebars; no aero bars.
- Tool kit and a proper spare tube or two.
- A bike that’s in safe working order. We don’t stop for preventable mechanical issues.
You don't have to be on a road bike to join the ride -- all types of trail-worthy bikes are welcome.
Come by at least 30-minutes early so you can make any last minute bike adjustments, fuel up on something from the Cafe, and be ready for the pre-ride meeting. Ride Studio Cafe opens at 8:00 am on Saturdays.
Please RSVP above. Thanks!