Location: Ride Headquarters in Sherborn, MA
- Event Type: Clinic / Social Gathering
- Date & Time: Saturday, 4 November 2017 -- 5:00 pm - 6:30pm
- Reason for Gathering: Learn how to have a fun, warm, safe time riding in the winter.
- Price: Free
This clinic is for new and experienced winter riders - everyone will get a lot out of this clinic.
In conjunction with the clinic, we're holding a raffle for goods and services worth over $1,000. The clinic is free and all are invited.
This clinic is for new and experienced winter riders - everyone will get a lot out of this packed 90-minute session. With temperatures starting to drop, this is the time to get ready for late fall and winter riding. There are many riders who take full advantage of winter. This year, join in the fun everyone is having outside!
Beer and non-alcoholic beverages will be served.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Proper bike setup: keep it from freezing, keep it upright, keep it in good condition, even with the salt on the roads
- How to address every part of your body in terms of warmth and comfort without overheating
- How to keep sensitive hands and feet warm
- Water bottles: fact vs fiction on keeping your water from freezing
- Nutrition pointers and eating/drinking when it's cold
- Electronics: What happens to electronics in the cold, and how to keep everything working well
- Equipment: Special equipment needs to be mindful of
- Riding techniques: How to ride in winter, how to ride on slippery surfaces
- The various riding surfaces of winter and how to manage riding on them
- Mechanicals - What to do in case of a mechanical
- Pro tips - Extra special tips we have for you that you might not have considered before
After the clinic, at 6:45pm, we're hosting the next Full Moon ride! Come for one or both, and bring your friends!
Please RSVP below.
Last Minute Information: We will email all attendees with last-minute information if anything changes from what we have published here. Please be sure to RSVP!
Questions? Email Ride Headquarters at email@example.com